Travel and Directions
The BIOGEOMON Conference venue, Point Lookout, is a retreat located in mid-coast Maine. Please check out their site for more beautiful pictures and a general layout of local attractions.
Google Map Directions
View Larger Map
From Portland to Point Lookout: 1 hour 58 minutes, 88.46 miles
1. Start out going NORTHEAST on CUMBERLAND AVE toward FRANKLIN
ARTERIAL/US-1A S. 0.0 mi
2. Turn LEFT onto US-1A N/FRANKLIN ARTERIAL. 0.4 mi
3. Merge onto I-295 N toward FALMOUTH. 22.3 mi
4. Take EXIT 28 toward US-1/COASTAL ROUTE/BRUNSWICK/BATH. 1.3 mi
5. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto US-1 N/BLUE STAR MEMORIAL HWY. 1.2 mi
6. Turn LEFT onto MILL ST/US-1/BLUE STAR MEMORIAL HWY. Continue to follow US-1 N. 42.8 mi
7. Turn LEFT onto CAMDEN RD/ME-90. Continue to follow ME-90. 10.8 mi
8. Turn LEFT onto COMMERCIAL ST/US-1. Continue to follow US-1. 2.0 mi
9. US-1 becomes US-1. 7.7 mi
10. 67 ATLANTIC HWY is on the LEFT
From Bangor to Point Lookout: 1 hour 13 minutes, 47.35 miles
1. Start out going EAST on HAMMOND ST/US-2/US-2A/ME-100 toward UNION
ST/ME-222. 0.0 mi
2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto UNION ST. 0.3 mi
3. Turn RIGHT onto MAIN ST/US-202/ME-9. 0.9 mi
4. Merge onto I-395 W/US-202 W/ME-15 N. 0.4 mi
5. Merge onto US-202 W via EXIT 2 toward HAMPDEN. 4.5 mi
6. Turn LEFT onto US-202/ME-9/WESTERN AVE. Continue to follow ME-9/WESTERN AVE. 0.4 mi
7. Turn RIGHT onto MAIN RD N/US-1A. Continue to follow US-1A S. 19.2 mi
8. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-1 W/ME-3 W. Continue to follow US-1 W. 21.5 mi
9. 67 ATLANTIC HWY is on the RIGHT.
Transportation from Bangor International Airport:
Concord Coach Lines bus www.concordcoachlines.com (ME Coastal Route, southbound) from Bangor Transportation Center.
Transportation from Portland Jetport:
Concord Coach Lines bus www.concordcoachlines.com (ME Coastal Route, northbound) from Portland Transportation Center.
Transportation from Logan Airport (Boston):
Concord Coach Lines bus www.concordcoachlines.com (ME Coastal Route, northbound) from Logan Airport or South Station.
Transportation from JFK International Airport (New York City):
Amtrak train to Boston, points north: www.amtrak.com
The train goes as far north as Portland, ME. At Portland Transportation Center you can transfer to Concord Trailways bus (ME Coastal Route, northbound) to resume travel to Belfast/Lincolville.
The local BIOGEOMON organizing committee may be able to provide charter bus or van transportation from the airport(s) to the conference site. This option will be determined after the registration deadline, and will be based on interest and the number and timing of conference participants arriving at various airports.
For conference participants who wish to rent a personal vehicle for their time in Maine, here are links to information about car rental companies located at nearest airports (BOS, PWM, BGR):
Boston (Logan) Airport (BOS)
Portland (PWM) Jetport: http://www.portlandjetport.org/portland_jetport_info/ground_transportation
Bangor International (BGR) Airport: http://www.flybangor.com/content/4038/Rental_Cars/